by Jenny Jones
|Page Extent:||48 pages|
|Book Size:||180 x 238 mm (Height x Width x Depth)|
Please check with your local bookstore.
Email to a Friend
Did you know that Australia was once home to many gigantic animals - and not just dinosaurs? There were giant kangaroos and wombats, and possibly even huge flightless birds. Scientists have discovered their fossil remains within Australia’s ancient rocks.
You can discover more about these animals in this book. Dinosaurs and Other Ancient Giants of Australia, from the Young Reed series of natural history books, takes you on a journey through Australia’s prehistory, and includes:
• a map showing where Australia’s most important fossil sites are
• a timeline that helps you understand which animals were around
• colour photographs and illustrations that bring animals to life
• lots of interesting information about the animals and Australia in
• actvities to test your knowledge
• a glossary to explain new words
• an index to help you find particular animals and information in
• a list of other books and websites where you can find more