Flags Past, Present and Future
by Julie Ellis
|Page Extent:||48 pages|
|Book Size:||180 x 238 mm (Height x Width x Depth)|
Have you ever looked closely at a flag?How was it designed? What do the colours and symbols mean? How are different flags used? Why are they important? Which country has the biggest flag in the world?
Find the answers to these questions and more in Flags of the World.
From flags on medieval battlefields, flags of organisations and sports, to national flags around the world, this book includes:
* full-colour photographs, maps and illustrations
* informative and fun text
* activities to test your knowledge
* a glossary to explain new words
* an index of regions and subjects covered
* a list of other books and websites where you can find out more.