Hugh M. Hefner presents an illustrated autobiography with chronological highlights fromPlayboy’s first 25 years. His personal life and career—from cartoon-drawing childhood to astonishing success with Playboy—are revealed in the most intimate portrait ever.
Limited Edition of 1,500 numbered copies signed by Hefner, in a Plexiglas case. Includes a facsimile edition of Playboy #1 from 1953—featuring the iconic Monroe cover and first nude shots—and a 7 x 7 cm (2.8 x 2.8 in.) piece of Hef’s famous silk pajamas, worn by the great man himself.
This sumptuous six-volume anthology celebrates the decadence, sophistication and wit of the original men’s magazine and its creator. Hugh Hefner’s Playboy highlights the extraordinary years from 1953 to 1979, with a selection of each era’s spiciest centerfolds and writing by literary icons Gore Vidal, Norman Mailer, Jack Kerouac and Ray Bradbury, as well as some of the most important Playboy Interviews, including Martin Luther King, John Lennon, Richard Nixon, and Roman Polanski. A wealth of never-before-seen ephemera from Hefner’s personal archives includes original artwork, cartoons and correspondence, and 700 pages of autobiographical text about his youth, military service, early career as a cartoonist, numerous girlfriends and eventual success with Playboy. A vast selection of personal photos—many previously unseen—include behind-the-scenes shots from the Playboy Mansion, Playboy Clubs, and the Big Bunny jet. This is the definitive history of Playboy and its legendary founder.
- Limited to 1,500 sets, each numbered and signed by Hugh Hefner
- Six volumes totaling 3,506 pages, packaged in a 10mm-thick Plexiglas box
- Features 59 of the hottest Centerfolds in full size, and all 312 covers from the magazine’s first 25 years
- Comprehensive overview of artwork and pictorials by all of the important Playboy artists and photographers
- Contains a facsimile edition of Playboy’s groundbreaking first issue, featuring Marilyn Monroe’s iconic nude portrait
- Special bonus: includes a 7 x 7 cm (2.8 x 2.8 in.) piece of Hef’s legendary silk pajamas!