|By||Philip Blake and Mary Blake|
|Format||Paperback / softback|
|Book Size||207 x 135 x 15|
|Imprint||New Holland Publishers|
|Release Date||1 Aug 2002|
|Subject Classification||Travel & holiday / Travel maps & atlases|
Have you ever wondered:
- What is the Sawdust Bridge made from?
- How the Tasmanian Aboriginal people came to be using glass before white people arrived?
- Where in Tasmania does the inventor of the Radio Telescope live?
- Where is Tasmania’s recycled railway tunnel?
- Why does Tasmania export clothing to Africa?
- Is there any truth in the rumours that Tasmanians have two heads?
With 77 secret stories about the people, places, events, shops, ships and ‘stuff’ that make Tasmania Australia’s most different state, Secret Tasmania is the perfect gift for readers intrigued by urban myths and legends. Use it as a companion to walks, drives, picnics, shopping expeditions and lunch breaks, or just curl up in an armchair with it.
Philip and Mary Blake run a writing business, ‘Write On’, from their home in Sorell, Tasmania. Philip is a former winner of an Australian Literature Board Fellowship and a multi award-winning advertising copywriter. Mary, ‘The Flying Librarian’, is a freelance librarian and researcher.