What Tree Is That?
|Format||Paperback / softback|
|Book Size||25 x 285 x 235 mm (H x W x D)|
|Imprint||Reed New Holland|
|Release Date||1 May 2006|
|Subject Classification||The natural world, country life & pets / Trees, wildflowers & plants|
Now in its third edition, this classic reference book for gardeners, by the late, best-selling author Stirling Macoboy, has been in print for almost 30 years. The completely revised edition, with existing entries updated and new ones added, includes all the favourite trees from around the world and from different climates.
- More than 900 species and 300 genera trees listed alphabetically by genus
- beautiful colour photographs often detailing the fruit and flowers as well as the whole tree
- concise practical entries giving the common names, origin, habits and cultivation methods
- symbols at the beginning of each genus tell you the climate and light requirements at a glance
- a botanical index listing more than 1,500 species, giving growing habits, uses of their various parts and a description of foliage, flowers and fruit
- an index of common names cross-referenced to the botanical index